SELF INSTALATION INSTRUCTIONS
READ BEFORE INSTALLING
- If you have questions, please contact us at 281.916.5758 or 361.208.2020.
- You may also reach us via the web at underwatergreenfishinglights.com using the contact us form. We will be happy to walk you through the install.
- Underwater Green Fishing Lights Hours of Operation
- Monday thru Friday 9 AM to 6 PM CST
- Saturday 10 AM to 2 PM CST
- The Underwater Green Fishing Light you purchased is a 110-volt appliance, handle with appropriate care.
- When installing or handling any part of this light system ALWAYS make sure the lighting system is unplugged
- When installing this unit MUST BE PLUGGED INTO A WORKING GFIC UL approved female plug. Failure to comply will result in your warranty being voided and Underwater Green Fishing Lights will not be responsible for results, failures or damage.
- All underwater lights installed in salt water are required to run every day for a minimum of 4 hours. Failure to run the light will result in underperformance of the lighting system. (Barnacles and other substances will cover the light reducing performance and shortening the life of the bulb on the light. Failure to run the system daily will void the warranty. See warranty information enclosed.
- Battery operated drill
- Philp head screwdriver attachment
Shipping box content:
- Control Box
- Bulb, brick cord system
- Four stainless steel screws
- Install instructions
Control Box, Bulb, Weight System and Cord
Control Box Installation instructions:
- Carefully remove the bulb/brick/cord system from the shipping box and set it gently on the dock.
- Remove the control box.
- Locate the GFI plug on your dock.
- Identify a suitable location piling to mount the control box.
- Make sure the box is mounted close to the GFI plug as the power cord is only 4 feet in length.The box has four screw holes one on each corner (see Image A).
- Using the drill screw the box to the piling through the holes on box.
o DO NOT PLUG IN THE CONTROL BOX! WAIT UNTIL THE LIGHT IS SECURELY ATTACHED BEFORE PLUGGING IN THE BOX!
Light Installation instructions:
- Remove any zip ties from the light cord.
- Using Underwater Green Fishing Lights simple 2 pin plug system, connect the male plug on the light cord to the female plug extending from the bottom of the control box. (See Image A, female plug)
- Once connected, the male connector has a screw connector. Hand tighten the screw connector.
YOU ARE NOW READY TO PLUG THE CONTROL BOX INTO GFI OUTLET
- Plug the control box into the GFI outlet.
- The bulb will illuminate (if the bulb does not illuminate unplug the control box and check to see if GFI has tripped, if so reset the GFI. If the GFI has not tripped repeat the previous steps).
- Once the bulb has illuminated for 10 seconds unplug the control box.
- You are now ready to place the bulb in the water.
Placing the Bulb in the Water
- Placing the bulb in the water is made easy with Underwater Green Fishing Lights adjustable weight system.
- See Image 2 (next page) for instructions on placement of your bulb.
- Once you have identified the best place for your light, ensure the weight system is set at the proper height.The top of the bulb should float approximately 3 to 5 feet below the waterline.
- To set the bulb height loosen the flanges on top and bottom of the brick.Slide the brick up or down so that the length of cord between the brick and bulb ensure the bulb will float 3 to 5 feet below the waterline (as depicted in Image B).Once the brick is in the correct spot tighten the flanges on top and bottom of the brick so the brick will not slide up and down the corp. It is important to fully tighten the flanges to ensure brick does not slide.
- It is now time to place your light in the water.
- Take the brick in your left hand and the bulb in your right hand.
- From your dock or bulkhead AT THE SAME TIME with an underhand toss throw brick and the bulb to the desired location
- NOTE: If you are placing the light more than 10 to 15 feet from the dock you may need to place it using a boat.
- Once the light is in the water plug the control box back into the GFI outlet (you will not see the bulb in the daytime).
- If you have excess cord place it in the water near the bulkhead.
- The light will come on approximately 10 minutes before or after sunset
- If you want to reposition your light :
- Unplug the light.
- Pull the cord until the bulb and brick are safely back on the deck.
- Repeat bulb placement steps above.
A well position light will look like the Image C
- The lighting system was built for efficiency. The lighting system runs at approximately 2.5 amps and 15 volts
If you like your Underwater light here are a few products you might like as well.
Protective Cage $45.95 Mechanical Timer $119.95
Protect your investment from Protect your investment control when
kayakers and fisherman with our your lights turn on and off, great for
amazingly sturdy cage great for weekenders!
Order now online at UWGFL.com (use promo code “GETLIT” for a 10% discount)
We have amazing overhead LED dock lighting systems. They come in green and white and are a great complement to our underwater lights. These lights are designed especially for dock and bulkheads and only draw 3 to 5 AMPs. We have a wide assortment of overhead lights check them out at underwUWGFL.com
Check it out on line at UWGFL.com (use promo code “install” for a 10% discount)
Be one of the first to own our new gear! We have hats, shirts, visors, sticker and more!
Check it out on line at UWGFL.com (use promo code “GETLIT” for a 10% discount).